Here are some of the ayurveda tips to beat the heat.
The most important thing you can do for yourself is to keep cool , physically and emotionally. 1. Plan your time to go out especially in the cooler part of the day i.e early morning or in the evening.
2. Drink plenty of cooling fluids like peppermint tea or lime water.
3. Try to do yoga like sheetali pranayama everyday as it is best for cooling down the body temperature. It calms and soothes the mind.
4. Take bath with coconut oil Make a habit of massaging the body with coconut oil on your body before taking a bath. It gives cooling and calming effect to the skin.
4. Eat pitta pacifying foods According to ayurveda , there are three basic doshas - vata , pitta and kapha . Pitta is considered to govern metabolism and transformation in our body.
So During summer, we need to eat foods that pacify pitta like Buttermilk, vegetables - cucumbers , potatoes, green leafy vegetables , pumpkins, broccoli , cauliflower , celery, okra , lettuce , green beans . Reduce - hot peppers, tomatoes , carrots , beets, onions ,garlic, spinach.
Spices -cinnamon, corainder ,cardamon and fennel are good. Reduce- ginger , cumin , black pepper fenugreek , clove , celery seed , salt and mustard seed as these tend to increase the pitta dosha and should be taken in small amounts.
5. Regular meal times especially lunch at noon as digestive fire is at its strongest.
One of the spreading disease in summer is chicken pox
*Make an herbal tea by adding tulasi,chamomile and calendula in hot water.Make it cool and add a twist of lemon and honey .Drink twice or thrice for a quick relief from chicken pox.
*Add oatmeal to the patients bath water to reduce the inflammation and to soothen the skin
*Applying sandal wood paste to the breakouts can help cool the skin
*Honey is having antibacterial action so it can reduce burning and itching
*Neem is considered as the best remedy for chicken pox.Boil the Neem leaves in water and take bath also you can take a juice of it